A versatile audio limiting tool, X-Limit will let you increase the loudness of your tracks and busses quickly and effectively, without clipping or changing tonal balance.
– Get ready for louder, more dynamic and balanced mixes! –
Get this Limiter plug-in now in the SSL Complete with an Annual, Annual Billed Monthly or Month-to-Month subscription
2 License Activations! No iLok key Needed!
About The SSL X-Limit
SSL’s X-Limit is an easy-to-use, all-in-one, visual limiter for increasing the loudness of your tracks and buses without the fear of clipping. This plug-in offers 4 carefully designed limiter characteristics, ranging from extremely transparent to color and glue, variable release times with renowned ‘Auto’ release, and True Peak + Lookahead algorithm for precision and versatile processing to suit a wide range of material. X-Limit’s intelligent algorithms introduce minimal latency regardless of settings, making it suitable for tracking and live performance applications.
How Does The SSL X-Limit Work?
X-Limit‘s all-in-one left-to-right waveform visualisation lets you set the limiter threshold and ceiling against the incoming signal to dial in the gain to increase loudness while catching peaks.
It includes 4 preset styles to achieve different characteristic responses for any given situation:
Use Punch mode to smash a drum bus, Transparent mode to catch peaks on vocals and acoustic guitars or Glue mode on a sub-group for a unified sound. The Auto mode provides a set-and-forget options that adjusts the time constants depending on the transient content of your signal.
The unique Steering and Ducking meters indicate how the limiting process might influence the stereo image of your signal, and to provide feedback to minimise stereo degradation using the Channel Link control.
X-Limit also provides several workflow enhancements such as Gain Lock, I/O difference auditioning, Gain Match, as well as a Mix control to dial the original signal back in, especially when using the plug-in to add punch and character rather than catch and control peaks.
Why The SSL X-Limit Is Such A Big Deal...
- Pick from 4 carefully designed limiter characteristics: Transparent, Glue, Punch and Auto.
- True Peak mode engages SSL’s True Peak algorithm to ensure that inter-sample peaks are effectively limited using intelligent oversampling.
- All-in-one visualizer and threshold/ceiling sliders let you easily set parameters against the incoming signal level.
- Set the Ceiling in True Peak mode to prevent your signal from exceeding a maximum level.
- Pull down the Threshold control to control when limiting kicks in.
- Auto style automatically adjusts the ballistics on the limiter based on the transient content of the signal.
- Auto Release overrides the release time, automatically shortening for transient peaks and prolonging it for sustained sounds.
- Use the advanced fade-in Lookahead algorithm to smoothly catch transients.
- Accurate momentary and max True Peak value readouts.
- Channel Link blends between stereo or independent left/right limiting.
- Minimize stereo degradation using the Steering and Ducking meters.
- Gain Match allows you to preview the effect of the limiter without the psychoacoustic effect of the signal level increase.
- Use Gain Lock to maintain the applied gain to quickly demo different presets and styles on your source material.
- Mix control to dial back in the original signal when using the limiter to add punch or character rather than catch peaks.