SSL Native X-EQ 2
The all-in-one EQ collection and essential EQ toolkit
About The SSL Native X-EQ 2
X-EQ 2 is the ultimate EQ toolkit for audio professionals. Built upon SSL’s proprietary anti-cramping algorithms, X-EQ 2 simply sounds stunning. With 17 different classic and modern EQ type/curve options, it is a formidable and powerful contender to be your new ‘go-to’ EQ plug-in.
X-EQ 2 is a highly configurable 24-band EQ plug-in, featuring unique anti-cramping algorithms for an unparalleled open and transparent sound. It’s the ultimate EQ toolkit, with 17 different EQ types and filter shapes. Each band is switchable between bell, shelf, low pass or high pass filter types, with both classic and customizable shapes available for each band. It features brand new spatial processing options, band soloing, and the classic X-EQ ‘Parallel’ mode for recreating the characteristic sound of old parallel passive EQ circuits.
X-EQ 2 is at first glance a 10 band parametric EQ, but each of the 10 EQ bands can be selected to provide a different type of EQ, making X-EQ 2 a vast range of different EQ processors in one package. Bands 1 and 10 are High and Low Filters, each of which can be set to employ one of five different Filter topologies with five very different tonal characters. Bands two and nine are shelving EQ’s with a Q range that extends right up to 10.3 and a degree of undershoot and overshoot at higher Q settings that give a unique tonal character. The remaining six bands are all Bell EQ’s with a choice of nine different EQ types providing a comprehensive range of response curves. All Shelving & Bell bands can operate across a full 20Hz-20kHz frequency range with a powerful gain range of +/-20dB. All of the Bell bands can also be switched from the usual serial signal flow of a parametric EQ to the parallel signal flow of a graphic equalizer.
How Does The SSL Native X-EQ 2 Work?
Why The SSL Native X-EQ 2 Is Such A Big Deal...
- 24-band fully parametric high quality digital EQ, featuring proprietary SSL anti-cramping algorithms.
- DSP Optimisation makes X-EQ 2 super efficient and CPU light.
- A total of 17 different filter types: 5 different cut filters, 9 bell shapes, shelving filters, a parallel mode, and custom filters.
- Extensive control options including draggable EQ graph nodes, mouse wheel adjustment and numerical data entry.
- Extremely low noise and low non-linear distortion filter algorithms resulting in the residual THD+N significantly lower than 24-bit quantization noise.
- Mid/Side and Left/Right spatial processing options.
- Individual band solo and bypass.
- Real-time FFT analysis display
- Inclusion of optional Phase & Step response graphs to show the effect of EQ processing.