SSL Native X-Echo
Solid State Logic’s X-Echo is a vintage tape echo inspired by the sound of definitive early tape delay hardware of the 1960’s.
Vintage Tape Delay + Advanced SSL Workflow = Your New Vibe Machine!
About The SSL Native X-Echo
Inspired by the sound of definitive early tape delay hardware of the 1960s, such as the Echoplex tape echo, X-Echo is a vintage tape echo plug-in that introduces SSL’s signature analogue saturation and warmth, brought up-to-date with advanced workflow. Get ready to add the gloriously warm sound of vintage tape to your recordings, sessions and even jams.
In addition to sounding great from the start, even before you start tweaking it, X-Echo is complimented by several other practical and creative features, such as built-in de-essing, waveform visualisation, and a brand-new reverb design.
How Does The SSL Native X-Echo Work?
Soft compression, hiss and the well-known gradual degradation of tape have all been meticulously modeled and combined with SSL’s renowned console-style saturation and LF/HF EQ.
In addition to advanced waveform visualisation, built-in ‘DE-ESSER’ and delay ‘WIDTH’ control, SSL’s X-Echo features a brand-new SSL reverb design: Capable of subtle space to the richest of plates, all the way to a reverb tail which can fill a canyon, all via the single-knob ‘DIFFUSION’ control.
Able to effortlessly deliver traditional tape delay effects like swirling echoes and classic slap back, X-Echo is also capable of more contemporary creative delays commonly found in electronic music, and of course can be driven to self-oscillation via “FEEDBACK” or add creative swells via “FREEZE” and “KILL”.
Why The SSL Native X-Echo Is Such A Big Deal...
- 4 switch-able tape heads for adding variation.
- Tape-style analogue degradation with classic SSL-style distortion characteristics using the “Wow & Flutter” and “Saturation”.
- Models classic characteristics of hardware tape echo devices, including the looping EQ, soft clipping, gentle tape hiss and self-oscillation.
- Use FREEZE and KILL to build risers and drops in recordings and live performances.
- WOW AND FLUTTER emulates the effect of mechanical components like the capstan and pinchwheel, as well as the friction of the tape itself.
- Customized one-knob DIFFUSION control, featuring a brand new reverb design.
- Built-in DE-ESSER for controlling the sibilant frequencies that tape echoes often accentuate.
- Unique interface and waveform visualisation to see how the tape heads interact.
- Sync your delay to note values with a single click.
- Cleverly stereoises mono signals using a phase shifting technique
- Built on the SSL Plug-in Engine:
– SSL’s cross-platform preset management and A/B-ing system.
– Built-in UNDO/REDO support.
What People Are Saying About The SSL Native X-Echo
“The X-Echo plugin is really versatile, with the built-in saturation, diffusion control and EQ, and the automatable Freeze and Kill switches. I use it all the time!”Adrian Hall (Black Eyed Peas, Shakira, Depeche Mode and many others)