SSL Native Bus Compressor
The sound of the legendary SSL Stereo Bus Compressor.
About The SSL Native Bus Compressor
The center section compressor from SSL’s 1980’s G Series analog console is an audio production legend. It is the secret behind countless classic recordings.
It is a simple unit with a simple purpose; it makes complete mixes sound bigger, with more power, punch and drive. It brings cohesion and strength to your mix without compromising clarity.
The Dec 2018 SSL Native v6.2 software release added two new features to the SSL Native Bus Compressor; a Dry/Wet mix control and side-chain High-Pass Filter.
The Dry/Wet mix control blends between compressed and uncompressed signal, allowing quick and easy parallel compression without using additional busses.
The side-chain high-pass filter allows for reduction of the amount of low frequencies in the audio that is triggering the compressor so reduces unwanted pumping effects.
How Does The SSL Native Bus Compressor Work?
Why The SSL Native Bus Compressor Is Such A Big Deal...
- The sound of the SSL console G-Series Bus Compressor, as used on thousands of hit records.
- Glues your mix bus together for a punchy radio-ready production.
- Classic Ratio settings of 2, 4 and 20:1
- The ultimate recreation of the classic VCA-based circuit design.
- A/B switch for comparing settings.
- Adjustable High-Pass Filter in Sidechain
- ‘Dry/Wet’ mix control for parallel processing.