SSL Fusion Vintage Drive
Solid State Logic’s Fusion Vintage Drive plug-ins bring SSL FUSION’s non-linear saturation circuit to your DAW.
Get ready to hit that analog sweet spot!
About The SSL Fusion Vintage Drive
The Fusion Vintage Drive plug-in is a digital emulation of the Vintage Drive processor from SSL’s critically acclaimed Fusion Stereo Analogue Colouration outboard hardware processor.
Designed to produce gentle harmonic saturation and soft compression reminiscent of driving vintage hardware into the analogue sweet spot, to all-out authentic analogue distortion. SSL’s Fusion Vintage Drive plug-in is a must have for adding an organic analogue feel to your tracks, groups, mixes and masters.
How Does The SSL Fusion Vintage Drive Work?
SSL’s Fusion Vintage Drive offers some fantastic new options without complications.
Use the MIX control to dial in the perfect amount of vintage drive,
Use the AUTO GAIN functionality to drive the signal without destructively affecting your mix levels,
Use the brand new ECO mode to drop the plug-in into zero latency, reduced-CPU operation for use during tracking and recording.
The Fusion Vintage Drive will bring its unique, non-linear saturation circuit characteristics directly to your DAW.
Its Density and Drive controls will interact to produce harmonics, soft-clipping and natural compression, reminiscent of pushing an analog console into its tonal “sweet spot”.
Why The SSL Fusion Vintage Drive Is Such A Big Deal...
- Modeled on the coveted SSL Fusion Vintage Drive section.
- A unique, non-linear saturation circuit gives your mix added strength and cohesion.
- DENSITY and DRIVE interact to produce harmonics, soft-clipping, and natural compression.
- Emulates pushing an analogue console into its tonal sweet spot.
- MIX control, for blending in parallel with the original signal.
- AUTO GAIN that automatically accounts for gain introduced by the DRIVE, DENSITY and INPUT TRIM controls – introduce analogue drive without destructively affecting your mix levels.
- Built on the SSL Plug-in Engine:
– Exceptional DSP design with reference to the original analogue circuit designs.
– Modeled using a combination of real-life measurements, analogue circuit designs, and close collaboration with the original analogue designers of the SSL FUSION hardware.
– NEW: ECO mode drops the plug-in into a zero latency & reduced CPU mode, for tracking and recording application.
– SSL’s cross-platform preset management and A/B-ing system
– Built-in UNDO/REDO support
- Comes loaded with presets from world-class producers and engineers, including: Adrian Hall, Alan Moulder, Caesar Edmunds, Charlie Holmes, Michael Brauer, Romesh Dodangoda, Sean Divine and Wez Clarke.
What People Are Saying About The SSL Fusion Vintage Drive
“Being able to have multiple, great sounding, digital instances of Vintage Drive is revolutionary.”Wez Clarke (Rudimental, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith)
“A great addition to my plug-in arsenal. Very happy with how much I am using it”Alan Moulder (Royal Blood, Nine Inch Nails, The Killers)