SSL’s Blitzer is an analogue hardware-inspired character compressor that puts you a click away from what you need.
– Compressor with attitude! –
Get this Compressor plug-in now in the SSL Complete with an Annual, Annual Billed Monthly or Month-to-Month subscription
2 License Activations! No iLok key Needed!
About The SSL Blitzer
Inspired by analogue hardware such as the 1176 and LA-2A, SSL’s Blitzer provides versatile character compression suitable for any source.
In addition to adjustable transient shaping and vintage-style harmonic drive for adding color to your tracks, Blitzer has 10 unique compression curves across 10 ratios, each with a unique shape and tone.
The distinct response of tube, VCA and vintage opto compressors, combined with MIX control for parallel compression, AUTO GAIN to help maintain your levels, and SSL’s contextual help system, all from a single easy-to-use interface, makes Blitzer a versatile compressor plug-in with startling variation that is capable of everything from soft, saturating compression to explosive brick-wall limiting.
How Does The SSL Blitzer Work?
Use the DRIVE control to generate subtle and gentle harmonics or destroy your signal to add color to your tracks. You can even use the compressor in 1:1 ratio to warm your tracks without compressing.
Slam room mics or energize your entire mix using the “all in” BLITZ! mode – compounding brick-wall limiting with a logarithmic decay gives a distinct sound that sounds amazing on live drum room recordings.
Use AUTO GAIN to maintain your levels and MIX to dial in the original signal, allowing for parallel compression and punch, or for simply reducing the intensity of the effect to blend in better with the rest of your mix.
With the DETECTION SIDECHAIN HPF you can remove unwanted low-end frequencies from triggering the compressor– perfect for drum busses! – and tame unruly vocals and harshness using the bell filter.
Full support for native Apple silicon M1/ARM with Universal 2 binary
Why The SSL Blitzer Is Such A Big Deal...
- Classic analogue knee compressor inspired by hardware such as the 1176 and LA-2A.
- Versatile character compressor delivers everything from soft saturating compression to explosive brick-wall limiting.
- 10 unique compression curves, each with a unique shape and tone.
- Add color to your instruments using the DRIVE control; add gentle warmth or decimate your signal.
- Use the 1:1 ratio to warm your tracks with soft-saturation and gentle harmonics without compressing.
- AUTO GAIN maintains your levels based on the threshold and ratio.
- Use the MIX control to dial in parallel compression and punch.
- ATTACK and RELEASE controls let you tailor the compressor response to your source material.
- Dial in some of the dynamics of the original signal using the TRANSIENTS attack modification control.
- Slam room mics or energize your entire mix using the “all in” BLITZ! Mode.
- Use the HPF to remove unwanted low-end frequencies; perfect for drum busses.
- Tame unruly vocals and harshness using the detection sidechain bell filter.
- Built-in help – simply click the ‘?’ and mouseover the GUI to find out more.
- Cross-platform preset management.
- A/B for quickly switching between presets.