Softube Parallels is all about inspiration and sonic exploration – a plugin synthesizer featuring high quality pre-recorded multi-waveforms in the two Source sections, custom made filters in the Shaper sections, and a special selection of effects.
About Softube Parallels
In Stockholm, Sweden, there’s a synth emporium like no other – a store with such vibrancy, such range, such color, that you’d need a dozen eyes and ears to take it all in. And the guy who runs it is no ordinary guy. He’s special, in all the best ways. His imagination fizzes and crackles with delight at the sounds of a million billion sparkling circuit boards.
Out of this hot-bed, this toy-box, this fantasy-factory, Parallels was born; an instrument with not one but two sound sources, each running painstakingly recorded and exquisitely calibrated multi-waveforms from every dream-machine must-have synth you could ever want, and sculpting the resulting sounds with the highest-quality Softube filters, modulators, and effects. If you’re looking for inspiration and sheer sound-quality in your music, this is your golden ticket.
How Does Softube Parallels Work?
Each waveform has a progression of some kind in its 15 second duration – a filter sweep, or a pitch diffusion for example – and playback can start from any point of the artist’s choosing, providing almost infinite sounds-per-sound, even at the source.
The playback method can be described as wavescanning, with pre-calibrated loop lengths per source for the best possible sonic outcome. The artist can choose how far the playhead will move through the source scene, and at what rate, before returning to its start point and settling into its sustain loop. All this with up to 14 voices at once.
Even just one of these source sections would be an intriguing instrument on its own. Parallels has two – independent and blendable in parallel – and much more besides.
“In a sea of same-same and sound-alike soft-synths, Softube is harnessing the power of what’s currently possible and making a unique, beguiling and beautiful-sounding new instrument. I love this thing and best of all, it’s super simple to use!”
TIPS AND TRICKS
Why Softube Parallels Is Such A Big Deal
- A plug-in soft-synth with dual wavescanning source sections.
- Almost a hundred high-quality pre-recorded multi-waveforms.
- Sonic progression within each waveform means near-infinite source-material.
- Two parallel sources means blended sounds, opening up exponentially more possibilities.
- Up to fourteen voices (seven per source when both sources are active)
- Hundreds of expertly-created presets from world-leading synth artists, engineers, and sound-designers, including Brian Transeau a.k.a. BT, Richard Devine, Inhalt, and more.
- Three analog-modeled filter types (state-variable, vactrol LPG, and resonant peaks).
- Five sophisticated types of modulation source; LFO, random, Euclidian sequencer, step sequencer, and envelope.
- Five top-quality effects options; distortion, chorus, flanger, delay, and reverb.
- Inspirational, creative, and beautiful.
- Crucially, it always sounds amazing.