Softube Monoment Bass
Super-high-quality bass synth with stereo source sounds from top-end boutique hardware
About Softube Monoment Bass
In the modern day, music production leans more heavily on bass than ever before. Although track counts can number a hundred or more, often the core of a song is built around little more than a beat, a vocal, and a rich, living bass sound.
So an instrument dedicated to just that – tailored to producing huge, solid bass tones with complex, organic overtones and focused effects for a mix-ready low end – is more than just useful. It’s foundational. Monoment Bass lays the groundwork for top-quality tracks every time.
How Does Softube Monoment Bass Work?
Working with sound designer and rare-synth-collector Tobias Menguser, we set out on this project to tackle the vital problem of amazing-sounding, weighty bass parts in modern music. In so many modern styles, from pop and hip hop to club dance genres and electro music, the bass occupies more and more of the spectrum and does more and more of the heavy lifting in production terms. So we’ve provided a carefully selected and expertly curated collection of top-end sounds from boutique synths by Schmidt, Nonlinear Labs and others, paired them with easy-to-use and awesome-sounding synth architecture, and high quality analog effects for modern, mix-ready bass in seconds.
Monoment Bass includes a two-layer source section, with all-stereo sources offering rich and evolving sounds. Nothing is static, and all the sources were recorded in triplicate, so there are three different samples per key for additional naturalism and life. The resulting sounds leap out of the speakers and grab hold of your track. Right out of the box and with minimal tweaking, this instrument has authority, weight, heft, power, character. The filter, LFO, and amp are all geared to musicians – you don’t need a degree in synth-geekery to use Monoment Bass – and the effects are designed step-by-step for just this crucial task.
It’s very cool for the subs and those dirty bass sounds! I think it’s perfect for the low end and mid range bass jobs.
HOLYSHIT! This will be big.
Why Softube Monoment Bass Is Such A Big Deal
- Super-high-quality bass synth with stereo source sounds from top-end boutique hardware
- Top-notch synth architecture that’s both versatile and easy to use
- Blend noise with two different sources at once for a textured and highly complex sound
- Professional presets from Madison Mars, Vandalism, Sample Tools by Cr2, WA production, Black Octopus, and Function Loops
- A heavy focus on modern bass sounds makes this the perfect addition to the forward-thinking studio
- Fills a soundstage with domineering weight and power, yet easy to mix thanks to dedicated effects