Softube FET Compressor
The FET Compressor is an impressively faithful modeling of one of the most iconic compressors of all time and can be used on almost any instrument to add edge or punchiness.
About Softube FET Compressor
The FET Compressor is known and loved for its aggressiveness and its tendency to add some tasty distortion to the sound source when driven hard.
This compressor can take a lot of abuse, so feel free to drive it as hard as necessary. But few things are so good they can’t be improved, so we added a couple of nice features that make it even more flexible than the hardware original.
How Does Softube FET Compressor Work?
The FET Compressor can be used for deeper gain reduction than you would normally use with any compressor.
Even at extreme settings, it shows no trace of the pinched sound that so many other compressors make when you push them hard.
This ability for strict gain control is incredibly useful on lead vocal tracks that need to be kept in the listener’s face. The distortion adds a nice grit to the voice, highly usable in rock mixes but in no way limited to that.
“Softube is so good, after using the products the first time, I could speak French. Mainly because I kept saying: Pardon my French, but these plug-ins are f**king unbelievable! The FET Compressor in particular is probably the warmest, fattest compressor plug-in on the market”
“The FET Compressor from Softube is an all-around winner here at my Tones 4 $ Studios. It performs amazing on bass guitar, snare drums and the best, so far, on lead vocals!”
Why Softube FET Compressor Is Such A Big Deal
- Sweet input and output stage distortion.
- Super fast attack time (just like the original)
- Lookahead (in case you don’t find the original’s attack time fast enough)
- Modeled “All buttons in” mode
- Continuous ratio (even between 20:1 and ALL) – but if you want the fixed ratios of the original, just click the ratio labels around the knob.
- Parallel compression.
- Detector low and high cut filters
- External side chain
- Stereo with synchronized gain reduction
- Very CPU friendly
- Meticiously modeled analog compressor. Each single stage of the analog unit has been modeled separately to achieve the exact sound and behavior of the original analog unit.