Softube American Class A
A characteristic stepped EQ with proportional Q values. Gives bold boosts and clean cuts with a unique compressor design, which can operate in feedback or feed forward topologies.
About Softube American Class A
Gut-busting drums. Crackling, searing, face-melting guitars. Meaty, punching bass. Rich, up-front vocals. Wide-open, airy, living electronics. If you will it, it is no dream with the American Class A.
Based on the greatest classics of American mixing console hardware, this channel strip is fast and easy to work with, and brings a truckload of character to the party.
Both an add-on to Console 1, and a standalone plug-in, American Class A has it all.
How Does Softube American Class A Work?
The American gear on which this strip is based is perhaps best known for the way it brings out the power and energy of modern rock music; acts such as Radiohead, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters, and Pearl Jam have used similar consoles.
With a shape section featuring gate and transient designing, a stellar four-band EQ with proportional Q and range control, a fascinating compressor design which can be switched between feedback and feed forward operations, and a warm, crunchy output drive section, no modern studio is complete until this sonic option is at hand.
Drums leap out of the speakers, vocals grab you by the scruff of the neck, guitars spontaneously combust. But the American Class A is also capable of subtlety.
Using the range controls of the EQ to limit the gain boosting and cutting to a half or even a quarter of the starting values, it becomes a high-resolution mastering unit. And running a synth sound through these same hard-rocking controls can result in improved openness and vitality just as easily as increased grunt.
I am finding that the drive section is phenomenal, and the compressor is amazing… It really does take seconds to improve vastly on the sounds of drums and guitars… All in all a pretty blinding console!
Why Softube American Class A Is Such A Big Deal
- American mixing console sound, for Console 1 or as a standalone plug-in
- One license for both the Console 1 version and the native plug-in
- Characteristic stepped EQ with proportional Q values. Gives bold boosts and clean cuts
- Unique compressor design, which can operate in feedback or feed forward topologies
- Cutting-edge graphics and waveform visualisations offer all the information you need
- Shape section has both gate and transient shaper, with all the same tasty analog sound of the strip’s circuitry
- Crunchy drive from the output stage, with controllable character
- A real and complete workhorse replacement for stock DAW mixing tools