Slate Digital Virtual Tube Collection
The Slate Digital Virtual Tube Collection is a three plug-in bundle for Virtual Mix Rack that recreates the sound of classic vintage tube circuits
Get this Preamp Model plug-in now in the
Introducing The Slate Digital Virtual Tube Collection
The Slate Digital development team spent over a year carefully modeling several outstanding vintage tube preamps, line amps, and consoles, and turned all that hard work into three incredible plugins for the Slate Virtual Mix Rack, that digitally re-create the sound of these outstanding modeled tube circuits.
London is inspired by some vintage tube circuits originating from Europe. The sound is big, warm and bold in the lows and low mids, and slightly smooth in the top end.
New York has both tightness and impact. New York is aggressive in the mids, and tighter in the lows due its unique dynamic harmonic saturation.
Hollywood is the most colorful of the three modules. It’s got some beautiful air, depth, excitement, and some really big bottom!
How Does The Virtual Tube Collection Work?
Each module can act as a preamp, a saturator, and even a virtual tube summing console. Using VTC, you can add color, warmth, depth, and vibe to your mixes and masters. Slate Digital Virtual Microphone System users can also use VTC preamps in conjunction with the mic models to apply the same rich and vibey character and color to their vocal tracks, or any other mic’d instruments. All three VTC plugins, London, New York and Hollywood, can be used in either preamp or console mode, and each module has a different sonic character, and will add its own unique color when applied.
WHY THE VTC IS SUCH A BIG DEAL
- Output VU Meter – Monitors the output signal level
- Clipping Bulb – Helps to visualize how much the signal is being clipped.
- High Pass Filter – can clean up low rumble if needed.
- Saturation – In preamp mode, this will emulate the tone of preamp saturation. In Console Mode, the saturation replicates mix buss overdrive.
- Color (Normal/Boost) – On Normal mode, the Module recreates realistic properties of the studied tube circuits. Boost amplifies these nonlinearities to add even more expression, color and vibe.
- Mode (Preamp/Console) – This chooses which algorithm is selected in each VTC module.
- Mix – This controls the balance between the dry unprocessed signal and the wet processed signal.