Slate Digital Monster Extreme Dynamic Processor
The Monster has been called “the best software compressor ever” by more than one top engineer, and for good reason…it is capable of amazingly cool compression tones.
Get this Compressor plug-in now in the
Introducing The Monster Extreme Dynamic Processor
The Monster is an extreme dynamic processor that emulates the classic “all-buttons-in” extreme compression sound of the famous vintage FET limiter hardware. The “all-buttons-in” effect can be pretty impactful, so some functional new features were added that make this processor more versatile, more creative, and more useful.
How Does The Monster Extreme Dynamic Processor Work?
The Monster offers complete dynamics control over. You can slam a drum buss and get some seriously “monstrous” drum tones, or use the added mix knobs and fatten up a vocal and push it to the front of the mix. High Frequency Detection increases the amount of top end that appears in the sidechain detection circuit, allowing the compression to react more dramatically to those high frequencies and making the top end smoother. This allows you to compress instruments like drums without making the cymbals sound harsh.
WHY THE MONSTER EXTREME DYNAMIC PROCESSOR IS SUCH A BIG DEAL
- Emulates the classic “all-buttons-in” extreme compression sound of the famous vintage FET limiter hardware
- High Frequency Detection increases the amount of top end that appears in the sidechain detection circuit
- Hi Pass Filter that adds girth and punch to the bottom end of your tracks and limits audible pumping
- Punch circuit that brings back some of the transient to punch up your heavily compressed tones
- Mix control to dial in extreme compression controlling the dry mix