Slate Digital FG-116 Blue Series FET Compressors
The FG-116 Blue series authentically recreates the tone of two vintage “rev A” FET limiting amplifiers and then offers two uniquely modernized versions of the classic FET circuit.
Get this Compressor plug-in now in the
Introducing The FG-116 Blue Series FET Compressors
The FG-116 Blue series is a collection of 4 different processing circuits that can be used on all of your mixes to add color, presence, and warmth. Two circuits faithfully recreate the tone of two vintage “rev A” FET limiting amplifiers, another two offer uniquely modernized versions of the classic FET circuit. With vintage and modern tones and clever features like hi pass detection and a parallel mix knob, the Blue series can be used all across your mixes.
How Do The FG-116 Blue Series FET Compressors Work?
The FG-116 Blue Compressors take the guesswork and setup out of parallel compression techniques by offering a Mix control. By dialing in heavy amounts of compression but dialing the mix back to 25%, you can enhance the punch of your drum tracks without making them feel overly compressed. The Hi Pass filter allows the compressor to ignore low frequencies, retaining low frequency impact while still controlling the dynamics. But the four different circuits are really what make the FG-116 so versatile and so useful.
WHY FG-116 BLUE SERIES FET COMPRESSORS ARE SUCH A BIG DEAL
- Two unique circuits that blend the old school tone with new school topology
- The output transformers have been cleaned up so that it will have no output saturation
- Modern Circuit 1 has a bit of a forward sounding character, but it is much cleaner and more pristine
- Modern Circuit 2 has a more punchy and breathable low end and overall smoother response on the top
- Vintage Circuit 1 has the classic ‘mid forward’ character meticulously emulated from blue striped FET compressors
- Circuit 2 is modeled after a “rev A” unit that had been updated and refurbished, and known for its very unique and musical sound
- Both Circuits have a Hi Pass Detective Filter that allows the lows to pass through uncompressed, which can sound really musical on a drum buss
- Mix/Knob allows you to parallel compress right inside the module, which is an ideal way to use this type of compression