NUGEN Audio MasterCheck
MasterCheck is a complete solution for optimising your mixes for today’s music delivery services. It is your all-in-one “reference mix” multi tool.
MasterCheck is a complete solution for optimising your mixes for today’s music delivery services. It is your all-in-one “reference mix” multi-tool.
It allows you to quickly and easily compare multiple processing chains to see how they will affect your mix through different codecs using various levels of compression.
MasterCheck is not just a “fixer” to broadly and safely prep your mix for any platform. It is a powerful and versatile tool to fix errors and adjust various parameters to make sure your mix reaches the listener sounding as you intended.
No one has time to create and audition countless reference mixes to verify how they will sound on all of today’s listening options.
Apple Music, Spotify, Google Play, Pandora, YouTube and all other streaming apps, download stores, websites, and podcasts all use data compression, loudness matching or both. These processes can affect your mixes in countless ways. You may experience clipping or distortion, or your big, punchy mix may end up quiet and lifeless.
MasterCheck allows for accurate loudness metering and helps you prepare and tailor your mixes and masters for different streaming platforms by letting you hear what they will sound like when processed by today’s popular streaming platforms. With Mastercheck, you no longer have to mix and master for CD, and then just hope for the best.
“MasterCheck is a great contribution to a better sound world! It shows how your master will sound on Spotify and iTunes Radio and it is a versatile helper in many daily working situations when mixing and mastering.”
“It has already become a default plug-in on the master bus of everything I now mix in the DAW – it really is a toll I couldn’t work without! Very highly recommended.”
Here are some of the ways it can help you create the perfect mixes on any platform.
- Mix and master directly for Apple Music, Spotify, Google Play and other streaming services so you audition your mix across various platforms allowing you to hear exactly what your audience will hear
- Loudness auditioning reveals any level changes and compression that will be applied by various codecs
- External reference auditioning and metering lets you A/B your master FX chain with other music or your uncompressed mix.
- True Peak Metering ensures you’re within the delivery spec and guarantees you’ll stay clip-free at later encoding stages.
- MasterCheck Pro’s Loudness and PLR features help you find the sweet spot between perceived loudness and dynamics, perfectly tuning your master to the appropriate music distribution service
- Codec distortion detection will highlight encoding errors, allowing you to stay within a safe limit, and avoid any peaks or clips.