NUGEN Audio Halo Upmix
NUGEN Audio Halo Upmix…faithfully expand your stereo mixes to full 5.1 or 7.1 surround with confidence and precision.
NUGEN Audio Halo is an incredibly intuitive stereo (or multichannel) to 5.1 / 7.1 upmix plugin suitable for use in Film, Television, Music and Game Audio production environments, designed to fine-tune your surround mix to perfection, with no artificial delays, choruses or reverbs, while preserving the character of the original audio source.
Sometimes a stereo mix is not enough, especially in terms of film, television and game production. As home theatres become more and more elaborate, so too must the quality of the audio coming through them. Though film and video games are leading the way in terms of completely immersive sound experiences, television and music have been embracing surround sound for years. Therefore, being able to tailor your mix to meet ever-progressing industry standards is becoming increasingly important every year.
Halo upmix was designed to perform a natural extension of the existing stereo panorama into a surround context, preserving the inherent character of the original source whilst providing full control for all relative surround balances. And with unique centre channel management, including switchable dialog extraction, Halo Upmix is perfect for all types of production from archive restoration and TV through to the full 7.1 feature film experience.
And for more intricate projects, Nugen Audio offers the optional 3D Immersive Audio Extension, which can be used to produce produce 9.1 surround, and it perfectly suited for numerous applications including sound design, film score, restoration & archive, music and atmospheric soundscape production. And with optional Ambisonic format output, Halo Upmix is equally at home when working in a VR and game audio environment.
“Halo Upmix was a lifesaver on this project because we were able to create a mix that feels exactly like native 5.1 surround.“
“Among all of the sonic upmixing tools and plug-ins we’ve tried, Halo is by far the best.”
- A coherent spatial upmix
- Full access to surround balances
- Low frequency energy control
- Clear visual feedback Direct control over upmix parameters
- No artificial reverb, chorus or delays
- ‘Exact’ downmix mode with in-place audition
- Neural network dialog extraction
- Stem and group upmixing
- 7.1 cinematic sound stage enhancement
- TV stereo to surround upmixing with hard centre
- Repurposing of original stereo for cinematic release
- TV archive enhancement for 5.1 broadcast
- Natural extension of original stereo panoramas and atmospheres
- Upmix to Dolby Atmos compatible 7.1.2 bed tack (3D Immersive Extension required)
- Upmix to 1st, 2nd & 3rd order Ambisonic (AmbiX format) for VR applications (3D Immersive Extension required)