NUGEN Audio Halo Downmix
NUGEN Audio Halo Downmix is a versatile surround sound manipulation and balancing tool capable of producing better balanced surround and stereo mixes from original surround material.
You want your mix to sound great, regardless of your listener’s speaker configuration. And in today’s world, where more elaborate surround mixes for everything from music to television to film seem to be becoming the industry standard, you want to be able to have complete control over every element in your surround or stereo field. And when mixing down from surround to stereo, it can be very easy for vital elements of your mix to get lost in the process. The Nugen Audio Halo Downmix plugin offers intuitive visual controls to tweak levels, timing and the direct vs ambient sound balance for precise fine-tuning, as well as controlling excessive diffuse sound from added artificial reverberation, removing delay artefacts introduced in the rear channels, and more. Now you can get accurate downmixes that are no longer limited by typical in-the-box coefficients-based processes.
Halo Downmix is all about improving your workflow, while ensuring the best possible surround/stereo coherence. The interface provides a parallel surround/stereo workflow, allowing you to work quickly and efficiently towards to the goal of a perfectly balanced downmix. Regardless of your current DAW, Halo Downmix completes your surround toolset, and enables precise surround balancing, mix monitoring and sophisticated stereo fold-down. It is the glue that brings your workflow together, allowing you to deliver in surround and stereo with ease and without compromise. Halo Downmix’s highly customisable interface includes both 7.1 & 5.1 modes, and advanced & compact modes, with quick-select ‘in-place’ monitoring of stereo and surround signals, as well as quick linked solo and mute functions at every stage, and clear visualisation of surround energy distribution.
“Halo Downmix is by far the best sounding downmix plugin I’ve ever heard.“
“I’ve been a fan of NUGEN Audio products for a while. They’re extremely stable with GUIs that are intuitive.””
- Speed up your downmixing workflow with multiple monitoring modes, as well as quick mute and solo controls for rapid assessment and auditioning
- Remove artifacts that can be caused by typical in-the-box coefficients-based processes
- Quickly perform A/B listening checks between surround and stereo downmixes
- Assess and address excessive diffuse sound from added artificial reverberation
- Easily regulate low-frequency content and maintain dialog clarity
- Fine tune or re-balance existing surround audio without access to the original mix
- Produce a controlled, precise stereo downmix of a 7.1 feature film
- Generate a stereo mix from surround recordings where no stereo recording exists
- Quickly optimize an existing surround mix by re-balancing levels and controlling the general direct vs diffuse surround balance