McDSP Channel G Console
McDSP Channel G Console is three plug-ins in one. Get that big board sound, loaded with multi-mode filters, Expander/Gate, Compressor/Limiter, 5-band EQ, and seamless integration with the Avid D-Control and D-Command control surfaces.
Introducing The McDSP Channel G Console
Channel G delivers the big board sound with unprecedented flexibility and seamless integration with the Avid D-Control and D-Command control surfaces.
Channel G is 3 plug-ins:
- G Dynamics – a fully featured console style dynamics section with an Expander/Gate, Compressor/Limiter, and a versatile filter section
- G Equalizer – a five-band professional grade console style EQ with a versatile filter section
- G Console – a combination of the G Dynamics and G Equalizer configurations
All Channel G configurations feature calibration modes for music, post production, and models of the world’s most popular analog mixing desks.
Watch The McDSP Channel G Console In Action
How Does The McDSP Channel G Console Work?
Channel G, unlike some of the analog consoles it models, comes with two independent sets of filters – one set for the Dynamics section side chain, and the other for the EQ section. This capability, coupled with the expander/gate and compressor/limiter selectable side chain inputs – input, side chain, side chain post filter, and output (compressor/limiter only), give the user a variety of signal path choices. Fortunately all these options are readily displayed in the previously mentioned Flow Diagram.
Having two separate filter sets allows the expander/gate and compressor/limiter to trigger on a selected portion of the frequency spectrum (like the ‘boom’ in the kick drum, or the ‘sss’ in a vocal) using one filter set, while the other available to the audio path for removing low end rumble and high end hiss.
Why The McDSP Channel G Console Is Such A Big Deal
- Multi-mode filters (high pass, low pass, notch) with selectable slopes of 6 to 24 dB/Oct
- Full featured Expander/Gate, Compressor/Limiter
- Five-band EQ with shelving and parametric sections
- Compressor/Limiter operation pre or post EQ section
- Analog Saturation modeling
- Double precision processing
- Ultra low latency
- Mono and stereo versions
All McDSP Plugins, All Upgrades, All Access
Every McDSP plug-in for a low monthly or annual subscription fee. All updates, upgrades, new features, and new plug-ins included.