Mathew Lane DrMS
The Mathew Lane DrMS is a unique spatial processor plug-in based on Mid/Side processing, with a wide range of applications for mixing, mastering and post-production, that gives you almost limitless control over your stereo field.
Get this Stereo Imaging plug-in now
Introducing The Mathew Lane DrMS
DrMS is a spatial processor plug-in with far-reaching possibilities for mixing, mastering, and post-production. Its unique design that goes further than standard MS that makes it an amazingly versatile plug-in for many production tasks from simple Mid-Side encoding and decoding, stereo field width and depth enhancement, fixing mono compatibility and much more.
How Does The Mathew Lane DrMS Work?
The DrMS plug-in has an incredibly useful, yet somewhat complex way of manipulating stereo signals based on Mid/Side processing. The plug-in encodes the stereo signal into MS, and then routes that into the four different processing sections. Using the side parameter, you can control how wide or narrow the effect, and even process the mid or side information separately with Resonant HPF, LPF and Delay.
The unique Focus and Field sections are what separates DrMS from other M/S processors. The focus parameter takes the mid signal and feeds it into the side, giving you the ability to “zoom in” on your sound, much like a zoom on a camera lens. The field parameter takes the side signal and feeds it into the mid, giving you more control of the depth of your sound, making ambience and reverbs more prominent.
Why The Mathew Lane DrMS Is Such a Big Deal
- Spatial audio processing – Zoom in, add Depth, change Width and more
- Striking fresh new GUI with central phase scope and manual entering of parameter values
- Mastering grade filters
- Resonant HPF, LPF, and Delay on each of the four processing sections
- Feedback circuit for reverb creation and special effects
- Full mono compatibility
- Built-in preset management system – exchange presets between hosts and platforms
- Presets to help you get started – real-world presets designed by Dylan ‘3D’ Dresdow (Black Eyed Peas, Michael Jackson, Prince) and Emre Ramazanoglu (Shakira, Duffy, Alexander McQueen)
- Autogain circuit for easy level matched A/B comparison