Eventide SP2016 Reverb
Get the legendary sound of Eventide’s classic SP2016 Reverb in a meticulously modelled emulation, created for discerning engineers with the highest standards of sound quality.
About The Eventide SP2016 Reverb
Now, for the first time ever, the Eventide SP 2016 reverb icon is being made available in a convenient yet powerful digital plug-in, to help today’s engineers achieve the same sonic magic that was once only available with Eventide’s generally cost-prohibitive rack-mount hardware unit.
The SP2016 plug-in contains all the same incredible reverb algorithms from its hardware predecessor, with a few innovative improvements to bring it firmly into today’s recording environments. It features 3 distinct room types, each available in two versions: Vintage and Modern. The Modern algorithms are brighter, more diffused, and use higher bit resolution.
Hear The Eventide SP2016 Reverb In Action
The classic Eventide SP2016 has always been my go-to reverb, It has the unique ability to make vocals, instruments, and drums sit perfectly in a mix. The new SP2016 plug-in now gives us all access to this incredible reverb, and no one is happier about this than me!
Why The Eventide SP2016 Reverb Is Such A Big Deal...
- Three Classic Room Types
- Room: Basic no-nonsense, no-frills ambient ‘room.’ The extreme pre-delay range makes it possible to use this effect for reverberant doubling and single echoes.
- Stereo Room: Recreates the ambience of a large concert hall, with very clear, natural reverberation.
- Hi-Density Plate: Plate reverb with dual pickups simulating the effect of a big, heavy plate allowing users to make vocals, guitars, and percussive instruments appear much bigger and brighter than they actually are.
- Unique Position control allows users to take their listeners from the back of the room all the way to the stage while retaining all of their other settings.
- Control the structure of the reverb by fine-tuning the controls — including PREDELAY, DECAY, POSITION, and DIFFUSION. The EQ section allows for simple high and low filtering of the reverb with adjustable filter ranges. The low filter can be used to cut or boost at the specified frequency.