MangledVerb™ is a unique effect combining reverb and distortion. Ported directly from the award-winning H9 Harmonizer®, MangledVerb is capable of creating lush reverbs, ripping distortion leads and sound-sculpting musical chaos.
About The Eventide MangledVerb™
MangledVerb is a unique effect combining reverb and distortion. Ported directly from the award-winning H9 Harmonizer®, MangledVerb is capable of creating lush reverbs, ripping distortion leads and sound-sculpting musical chaos.
Use it on guitars, bass, synthesizers and vocals to craft signature sounds in your favorite D.A.W.
How Does The Eventide MangledVerb™ Work?
MangledVerb works by using a variable pre-delay which feeds a stereo reverb into a complex distortion effect. Sonically it can range from the light friction of a bow scraping a cello string to the mayhem of a caged beast being poked with a red-hot flounder.
This is Good Verb Gone Bad!
Hear The Eventide MangledVerb™ In Action
“MangledVerb is a killer tool for making elements in a mix sound like they happened in an interesting space.”
“I use MangledVerb any time I want to tear a hole in the universe. It’s perfect for sound design but at subtle levels it’s very usable for most reverb and distortion tasks.”
Why The Eventide MangledVerb™ Is Such A Big Deal...
- Over 30 presets designed to inspire — including the original H9 presets and artist presets by Vernon Reid, Chris Carter, Kerry Leva and many more.
- Create out-of-this-world soundscapes by increasing the Size and Overdrive.
- Use it as Mono-In/ Mono-Out or Stereo-In/Stereo-Out for ultimate flexibility.
- Smoothly move from Softclip distortion to Overdrive for ripping transitions.
- Use small size and short decay settings for surprising sounds.
- Use the Wobble control to create spooky detuning effects.
- Slide The Ribbon control to easily manipulate multiple parameters in a live situation.
- Program the HotSwitch to instantly change multiple parameters at once.
- Tempo Sync aligns Pre-Delay with the tempo of your DAW.
- Optimized for live use with MIDI control of The Ribbon and Tap Tempo for quick meta-control on the fly.
- Use Mix Lock to scroll through presets while keeping the wet-dry mix constant.
Unique Tools, Unprecedented Sound
The entire collection of Eventide’s world-famous, award-winning plugins so you can get the same sounds used on some of the most legendary recordings of all time.