MangledVerb™ is a unique effect combining reverb and distortion. Ported directly from the award-winning H9 Harmonizer®, MangledVerb is capable of creating lush reverbs, ripping distortion leads and sound-sculpting musical chaos.
About The Eventide MangledVerb™
MangledVerb is a unique effect combining reverb and distortion. Ported directly from the award-winning H9 Harmonizer®, MangledVerb is capable of creating lush reverbs, ripping distortion leads and sound-sculpting musical chaos.
Use it on guitars, bass, synthesizers and vocals to craft signature sounds in your favorite D.A.W.
How Does The Eventide MangledVerb™ Work?
MangledVerb works by using a variable pre-delay which feeds a stereo reverb into a complex distortion effect. Sonically it can range from the light friction of a bow scraping a cello string to the mayhem of a caged beast being poked with a red-hot flounder.
This is Good Verb Gone Bad!
“MangledVerb is a killer tool for making elements in a mix sound like they happened in an interesting space.”
“I use MangledVerb any time I want to tear a hole in the universe. It’s perfect for sound design but at subtle levels it’s very usable for most reverb and distortion tasks.”
Why The Eventide MangledVerb™ Is Such A Big Deal...
- Over 30 presets designed to inspire — including the original H9 presets and artist presets by Vernon Reid, Chris Carter, Kerry Leva and many more.
- Create out-of-this-world soundscapes by increasing the Size and Overdrive.
- Use it as Mono-In/ Mono-Out or Stereo-In/Stereo-Out for ultimate flexibility.
- Smoothly move from Softclip distortion to Overdrive for ripping transitions.
- Use small size and short decay settings for surprising sounds.
- Use the Wobble control to create spooky detuning effects.
- Slide The Ribbon control to easily manipulate multiple parameters in a live situation.
- Program the HotSwitch to instantly change multiple parameters at once.
- Tempo Sync aligns Pre-Delay with the tempo of your DAW.
- Optimized for live use with MIDI control of The Ribbon and Tap Tempo for quick meta-control on the fly.
- Use Mix Lock to scroll through presets while keeping the wet-dry mix constant.
Unique Tools, Unprecedented Sound
Eventide’s Ensemble includes emulations of legendary studio effects plus classic EQs, compressors, dynamics processors, delays, reverbs, and pitch changers used by the best in the business.