Eventide Instant Phaser MkII
Modeled on the original hardware unit, the Instant Phaser Mk II plug-in accomplishes the same legendary sound with all the analog personality, smooth modulations, and inherent musicality.
About The Eventide Instant Phaser MkII
Released in 1972, the Eventide Instant Phaser began the studio effects revolution by successfully simulating tape flanging, an effect that’s been at the core of legendary albums for the last five decades. Modeled on the original hardware unit, the Instant Phaser Mk II plug-in accomplishes the same legendary sound with all the analog personality, smooth modulations, and inherent musicality. The capabilities have been expanded, and now you can even take your phaser on an excursion from the 70s far into the future with the delightfully characteristic “Age” knob. Outfitted with a complete host of control options, the Instant Phaser Mk II is out of the rack and into your plugin arsenal.
How Does The Eventide Instant Phaser MkII Work?
The Instant Phaser Mk II perfectly captures the unique, imprecise analog character of the original hardware. During development we discovered that the values of some of the components change with age; they drift further and further from their marked values. The result is that an Instant Phaser which has been powered up for years will sound different than it did on day one. The new plug-in features an innovative Age knob, which allows you simulate this aging of the components of the phase shift networks and the LFO. Once we started down this path, in a salute to entropy, we decided to extrapolate far into the future.
Hear The Eventide Instant Phaser MkII In Action
One of the many features, I think, that makes this phaser particularly remarkable is its ability to have the all-pass filters react to a variety of sources other than the usual LFO shape(s) most phasers use.
Why The Eventide Instant Phaser MkII Is Such A Big Deal...
- Add Age for component drift with time
- Offers three different flavors of phasing with the Mode switch: Shallow, Deep, and Wide
- Utilize one of four distinct methods to control the phasing
- Depth allows you to combine the phased signal with the dry signal
- Added Side Chain function allows you to trigger the Envelope Follower from a separate source in the mix for inter-track mingling
- Exercise total control of the Oscillator with Sync and Retrig controls
- Use Feedback control for a more pronounced sound
- Includes standard gain input and output
Unique Tools, Unprecedented Sound
The entire collection of Eventide’s world-famous, award-winning plugins so you can get the same sounds used on some of the most legendary recordings of all time.