Eventide H949 Harmonizer®
The Eventide H949 Harmonizer® is a multi-effects plug-in with deglitching and longer, randomized and reversed delays.
About The Eventide H949 Harmonizer®
The Eventide Clockworks H949 Harmonizer, which debuted shortly after the H910, was the world’s first ”de-glitched” pitch shifting product – and may even have been the world’s first multi-effect audio product. It not only offered 3 octaves of pitch change but also featured micro and random pitch, Delay only, Flange and unique Reverse modes.
How Does The Eventide H949 Harmonizer® Work?
Besides the obvious processing features such as pitch change, delay and flanger, the H949 can also be used in all kinds of unique ways. It makes time expansion and compression possible. It also allows you to select one of two pitch change algorithms in order to support optimal pitch change with a variety of source material. Algorithm 2 is generally glitch free, but will add varying degrees of coloration to the signal, and is more suitable for extreme pitch ratios. Algorithm 1 may cause glitches with increasing frequency as the pitch ratio deviates from 1:1, but is generally more appropriate for smaller pitch ratios. Unlike Diatonic pitch shifters, the pitch shifting in the H949 is in the feedback loop, allowing for arpeggiated repeats. A MIDI keyboard set to send MIDI on the H949’s MIDI Channel can also be used to control the pitch ratio in discrete musical steps
Hear The Eventide H949 Harmonizer® In Action
Why The Eventide H949 Harmonizer® Is Such A Big Deal...
- Processing features such as pitch change, delay and flanger
- Two pitch change algorithms
- Pitch shifting in the feedback loop, allowing for arpeggiated repeats
- A MIDI keyboard can also be used to control the pitch ratio in discrete musical steps
- Multi-effects Harmonizer with deglitching.
- Randomized and reversed delays.
- Micropitch for small pitch intervals.
- Reverse pitch shift.
- Combination digital delay, pitch changer, and all around special effects unit.
- Includes H949 Dual for stereo widening, doubling, and reverse link pitch alteration.
Unique Tools, Unprecedented Sound
The entire collection of Eventide’s world-famous, award-winning plugins so you can get the same sounds used on some of the most legendary recordings of all time.