About The Eventide H910 Harmonizer®
The H910 Harmonizer® was the world’s first digital effects processor. With its unique combinations of pitch shifting, modulation and delay, the H910 can be heard on countless ground-breaking works by artists from AC/DC to David Bowie to Frank Zappa. And the H910 plugin is an exact digital replication of that classic processor.
How Does The Eventide H910 Harmonizer® Work?
A powerful creative tool, the H910 Harmonizer® plug-in is a faithful recreation of the original hardware. The H910’s pitch changing ability can be used for many creative purposes. You can harmonize vocals or solo instruments by modifying pitch by musical intervals.
You can also spread guitars, fatten snares, apply subtle organic de-tuning to synths or add slap-back delays to vocals, and more. At extreme settings, you can create unheard-of mechanical sounds, drone effects or robot language using self-oscillation, delay, and anti-feedback.
And for all the purists who want to use the H910 in a truly authentic way, you can model the classic “glitching” of the original hardware model, to create unique and unpredictable sounds as the pitch is altered.
Watch The Eventide H910 Harmonizer® In Action
“Quirky, exotic and a bit unpredictable, the H910 just sounds beautiful…It’s a plugin that really favors experimentation and that can deliver some unexpected results, so don’t be afraid to try on things you wouldn’t initially expect to work”.
“I’d forgotten just how much fun the H910 could be, because of—its mostly lo-fi nature. I always missed the funky effects it could deliver, particularly the “bell tree” effects where a pitch spiraled upward or downward, with the spiral lasting as long as the feedback amount you set”
Why The Eventide H910 Harmonizer® Is Such A Big Deal...
- NEW Keyboard and MIDI mapping – The original H910 featured a keyboard remote control which was used live by several artists including Elton John. With the H910 plug-in, you can easily use MIDI to control pitch and harmonization in real-time.
- NEW Envelope Follower -Engineers and producers discovered that sending a control voltage to the hardware H910 could be used to slightly (or massively) vary the pitch, creating entirely new sounds. The built-in envelope follower makes exploring these possibilities easy.
- NEW OUT2 Delay Group – adds inspiring attributes to your sound.
- True analog modeling of highly nonlinear electronics for faithful reproduction of the original H910’s juiciness and grit.
- Perform perfect pitch changes controlled manually, via MIDI or with Anti-Feedback.
- Anti-Feedback modulates the pitch around unity for a subtle or wild effect.
- Optional “glitching” of original H910 hardware to create unpredictable sounds as it alters pitch.
- Modify pitch by musical intervals (diatonic) to harmonize vocals or solo instruments.
- Delay rhythms and melodies to create everything from slap-back echoes to feedback chaos.
- Create colorful, unique sound effects and drones through self-oscillation.
- Individually control delay outputs and dry/wet mix.
- Mix Lock allows for scrolling through presets or settings while keeping the dry/wet mix constant.