About The Eventide EChannel
The Eventide EChannel is the lightweight version of the UltraChannel plugin, but it uses fewer CPU cycles. It provides you with a routable Gate, Parametric EQ, and Compressor. Its flexible modular design accommodates different signal processing routing, its graphical displays provide you adept precision in frequency adjustment, and its suite of controls give you a near infinite number of ways to generate exactly the tone and frequency characteristics you’re seeking.
How Does The Eventide EChannel Work?
There are three main mixing processors to play with in the EChannel plugin.
- 5 Band Parametric EQ
Each of these different modules are easy to use and produce incredibly transparent results. The gate is highly effective, but the transparency is especially obvious with the compressor, as it does not color the sound of your mix in any noticeable amount.
The EQ section is equally as good. And there is a useful drag and drop function for positioning modules in the chain, where the interface changes with the repositioned modules. A very convenient feature when you’re trying to work quickly and efficiently. The plugin display includes different-coloured frequency plot curves showing. And the wide range of EQ shapes are incredibly useful when trying to dial in a specific sonic color.
Eventide helped to define the sound of many of the effects we take for granted nowadays, and this bundle can bring all of that mojo to your mixes as well.
An emulation of a classic creative effect wrapped up with all the convenience of a modern plugin it’s outstanding, working brilliantly on monophonic synths, guitar, piano, drums and pretty much anything else.
Why The Eventide EChannel Is Such A Big Deal...
- Intuitive and easy to learn functionality
- High customizability thanks to movable signal chains
- Large array of presets
- Precise tone-shaping and frequency-manipulation.
- FlexiPath™ Routing allows processors to be ordered based on desired workflow.
- Gate module removes signals occurring below the designated threshold; great for multi-miked drum kits or fret noise.
- Compressor alters the dynamics of your input signal, with optional soft saturation to add character and a de-esser to reduce hiss. Use the side chain to trigger gain reduction for competing instruments.
- Five-Band Parametric Equalizer allows for precise frequency manipulation throughout the entire audio spectrum.
- Output Transformer adds subtle yet distinct effect on signals with lots of low frequency content, or can be driven into saturation for analog warmth.
Unique Tools, Unprecedented Sound
The entire collection of Eventide’s world-famous, award-winning plugins so you can get the same sounds used on some of the most legendary recordings of all time.