The Eventide Blackhole reverb breaks the rules by allowing you to create virtual spaces that could never exist in reality.
About The Eventide Blackhole
The Eventide Blackhole is an extraterrestrial reverb. At large sizes, its soft attack and lingering, harmonic tails allows it to really shine on guitars, strings and pads. At small sizes those very same qualities can add an angelic sheen to vocals or turn a simple drum track into an otherworldy rhythm section.
How Does The Eventide Blackhole Work?
While Blackhole is capable of creating space-warping special effects and drones, it’s also capable of creating musical and subtle effects you’ll find useful for highlighting key instruments or painting a backdrop for your mix. Whether you’re at the event horizon or closer to home, Blackhole will inspire and amaze while its intuitive controls will allow you to add that special something to your tracks without a degree in rocket science. It is destined to be one of those tools that you turn to time and again when reality just isn’t enough. For decades studio engineers considered Blackhole their “secret weapon.” And with each new version, the reverb has been refined and enhanced, and now it is even better than ever.
From cavernous depths to huge spaces or otherworldly soundscapes this plugin will take you there in no time and would probably work a treat on a dubstep snare too…and coming from Eventide you know it’s got to sound good and it does for sure on most anything you slap it on be it drum
It breaks away from the plate-room-hall-chamber paradigm and brings a single algorithm geared towards making reverbs as big as the cosmos…Blackhole is simply a joy to use.
Why The Eventide Blackhole Is Such A Big Deal...
- Incredibly easy to use with over 50 presets; many created by Eventide artists.
- Ability to create extremely musical effects useful for highlighting key instruments.
- Supernatural settings for abstract spatial effects and drones.
- Subtle settings for ambient washes and track highlighting.
- Unique “Gravity” control reverses the arrow of time by inverting the reverb’s decay.
- Kill Switch mutes the input so you only hear the reverb. This makes for some incredible effects when automated.
- Mix Lock allows for scrolling through presets or settings while keeping the wet/dry mix constant.
- Fully flexible mono and stereo options. Bring new realms of stereo imaging to mono instruments.
- Innovative Ribbon and Hot Switch allow for changing any combination of parameters simultaneously.