Audified U78 Saturator
Based on the circuitry of the famous vintage German U73b Compressor, theU78 Saturator is a valve plug-in that has been substantially tweaked, while retaining the heart and soul of the machine, to allow saturation of an exact band.
Audified built the U78 Saturator upon the layout of their award-winning U73b Compressor plug-in.
They added filters, tone control, gain control, mixed the vintage circuits value, the modern analog design, and the software modeling to complete the plug-in.
They performed changes in the vintage device circuitry so it could be used for purposes different than the original, while keeping the heart and soul of the machine to deliver the beautifully musical tube sound, resulting in a saturator that sounds like no other.
The U78 Saturator adds character and tames unwanted dynamics possibly left after the compression stage. It colors the sound and can also slightly change the EQ characteristics of the track. It works great on vocals of any kind, various drums, and acoustic instruments and can be used for subtly saturating the master track when desired, too. It is the ultimate finalizing plug-in.
U78 Saturator gives you a chance to color the precisely selected band with the circuitry of U73b Compressor. Intended to be used on bass, drums and vocals… but creativity knows no bounds.
– Gain: Adjusts the input gain of the saturation circuit. (The higher the settings, the richer the sound that can be achieved.
– HiPass: sets the cut-off frequency of the high-pass filter, which comes before the saturation circuit in the signal path. (The range is from 30 Hz to 800 Hz – turn the knob to minimum to turn off the HiPass filter.)
– LowPass: sets the cut-off frequency of the lowpass filter, which comes before the saturation circuit in the signal path. (The range is from 1 kHz to 8 kHz – turn the knob to maximum to turn off the LowPass filter.)
– Tone: controls the U78 Saturator’s unique tone filter. (Lower settings produce darker sounds with more low frequency content; conversely, higher settings result in brighter, sparkling sounds.)
– Mix: Controls the dry and wet signal ratio. (The dry signal is delayed to match the wet signal path latency to prevent phasing issues.)
I’m obsessed with the U78 Saturator plug in right now. I find it useful on everything from drums, guitars, vocals and even instrument groups.
This is the coolest saturator plugin I have ever had. I love it and it is just the right tool to bring that little extra bit of warmth or edge to your tracks.
- Seriously satisfying saturation.
- Circuitry of the famous, award-winning U73b Compressor.
- Automatic output gain control.
- Beautifully musical tube sound.
- Precise control over saturated band.